anonymouschica

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

beautiful...

  Today was the most sad and beautiful day of my life...the last day of school. As I was thinking about it, I was so excited, going to scream, delirious, and I stayed that way for awhile before school started, even though it was really rainy.
  When I was waiting outside the classroom door where I would get my yearbook, I noticed that Matt hadn't come yet. He came at the last second, carrying a sack. He gave it to me, and I looked at it for a second, but I'll explain that later.
  We started signing yearbooks at about 8:30, and it was really fun. It was the spring fling, so there was plenty of food and stuff. I walked around to random people, just enjoying it, mainly with Matt right next to me. I was still carrying that sack, even though some of the stuff in it poked out the corners.
  Matt signed my yearbook, and even put his phone number in it.
  Finally it was a little before 10:00. Matt told me he was leaving, so I walked outside with him. We just said the word goodbye, nothing more. I started walking the long way when I saw what was probably a truancy officer, so I turned around and walked by the school where Matt and Michael were waiting for their ride. I yelled that there were cops, and began to walk away.
  Listening to Dashboard Confessional, I realized that I was leaving. Walking home in that huge field, I was sobbing, the rain mixing with my tears. I love Matt so much, and I don't know how I'll be able to deal with a whole summer without him. So I was thinking these things, sobbing, not caring how many puddles I stepped into, when I reached home. For some reason, I believed that if I didn't go inside it hadn't really happened yet, so I walked around the neighborhood crying. Finally I decided to come in, and I ran to my bedroom and started to cry again.
  That's when I opened the sack Matt had given me again. It had a pack of gum, a red pen, a green journal, and a purple notebook. I opened the journal, and a note fell out. It was the most beautiful thing ever, but I think if I type it I'll taint it somehow. It was so heartfelt, and I was crying and laughing and screaming, not caring whether Chase heard me.
  It was the most beautiful thing I have ever had, and I'll always keep it. Just yesterday I was thinking that I had nothing to remember Matt by, but now I realize that I have the whole world we created together. I have everything I ever need.
  P.S. In our yearbook, Matt and I are right across from each other. He's on the left page and I'm on the right, but still. When it's closed we're put together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home