since i've already written once today...
I guess I'll write about yesterday which was a really awesome day. The second to last day is always sluff day, but I had a stupid science test that day. I was angry.
In first period, Mrs. Calton gave us piles of candy and we watched I Love Lucy. In second period, Ms. Jorgensen gave us suckers and we tried to solve logic problems. In third period, Mrs. Forbush gave us candy (in P.E.!) and let us talk. In fourth and fifth, Mrs. Bryant just didn't care. We were texting and had our iPods and were calling other kids. That's when she told us that our science test in my sixth period wouldn't count. So we stayed in her class for sixth and seventh period.
This doesn't sound like fun, but it was amazing. All I did was talk to people. Mostly Matt, of course, but Steve, Andy, and Holly a lot too. We had a lot of fun, because someone got Mrs. Bryant's phone number and we kept calling her. Then we pushed her in one of those fancy office chairs down the long hallway as fast as we could. She screamed her lungs out.
During lunch, Matt took a picture of me on his phone. It's awful, but that's how it always is. For some reason, that picture made me really happy. Maybe it was because I was laughing when he took it.
Ummm...whenever Mr. Elggren came by, I pretended to hide, so now he thinks I hate him. I don't, I'm just scared of him.
But the scariest moment? Matt and I were talking about my notebooks. THE notebooks. And in a moment of foolishness, I let him read one of my poems, called Frustration. I was scared, so half the time he read it I couldn't look at him and the other half I stared at his face to try to find some expression in it.
The best moment? He told me how much he loved it, said it was better than Ellen Hopkins, which probably isn't true, but made me feel better. He told me I should write a book made of poems like that. I'm afraid he may be the only who would read it, but... he didn't ask any questions about it, either, which I love, because it said some mean things about, "the king of criticism and abuse." It wasn't that great, it just took a lot of studying to find the secrets, which is why I let him read that one instead of ones like Apathy where I talk about the whole divorce revenge and my mom cutting too many ties with people. But just knowing that Matt supports me in the thing I keep pretty much the most secret makes me feel really good.
I still can't believe that someone read one of my poems. And that I actually let them. But I'm so glad I did, because I still smile whenever I think about it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home